Notices

End of the week

Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of the week

So today is Friday, end of the week! Should be feeling okay right, like TGIF! and all.

However, Fridays have been very difficult lately. I'm not sure why but I think it might have to do with a long stressful week. At evenings during my week (except for a couple days there) I would feel fine, especially last night, I felt rather normal.

I was left home alone with the kids while my wife begins a new job. I felt pretty normal, happy, content etc. whatever that feeling is that you're not shooting through the roof happy but you're just "okay". Its sort of like you know you're not going to drink and u feel a tad bummed about it but at the same time you're okay with it and everything else. At the same time you don't feel doomed, sad etc. or indifferent really, you just feel fine!

Fridays though its these days that are difficult for me in sobriety, because I think for one, it was the go all out and drink whatever you want day that happens when you get off work. Also, all that stress from this long difficult week sort of builds up until today and hits ya at once.

How's Fridays for you?
Old 09-18-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah...maybe u remember how your fridays used to go? And U work hard and are no doubt stressed out. stress used to cause me to pick up a drink again, then i learned how to get thru it. U deserve somethin tho from working hard! Do something fun U enjoy for yourself on fridays!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Holds!
Friday was my boyfriend's big drinking day. He says he still wants to and even more lately as it has been awhile since he had a drink.
I was an every day drinker and Fridays were more a problem when I was a nine to fiver because I really felt I earned it and also work stressed me out a lot. I was sad I had nothing to look forward too. I do see all the people out enjoying themselves and wish I could be one of them sometimes, too.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

For the longest time, I couldn't stand to stay in on a Friday night. It's like I was a loser or something if I didn't get out. So I went to AA meetings instead and got to know people and ended up hanging out with some of them after meetings. It was fun with lots of joking around, sometimes we'd go for coffee or dessert, sometimes to someone's home for coffee and board games or cards. The bonus was no hangover on Saturday morning.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

safe to say fridays are tougher for a bunch of people; if it wasn't so, somebody here wouldn't have come up with the weekly weekender threads
Old 09-18-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I travel a lot for work and sometimes have to spend weekends away, like tonight.

So before in this situation I would have gone to a local bar, awkwardly drank by myself while trying to meet a few people, eventually becoming self-conscious and going back to my room with a bottle of something. Wow I do not miss that.

Instead, tonight I went to the gym, talked to my family, had food delivered, surfed the internet and am about to watch a movie. Not exactly productive but way better.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How was your weekend Holds?
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was okay, thanks for asking,

On friday, went to a bible study, and had a semi-normal night,

Saturday was probably the worst day in awhile as I had panic attack after panic attack but they eventually went away,

Sunday was better, not much but it was okay.

Lately I feel like I'm in a daze, like sometimes I'll just find myself staring off into the distance getting tunnel vision and feeling like falling asleep. It's not like the tiredness where you just want to sleep all day but the kind where you feel like you're not there or you're dreaming or something,

You ever get like that? How was your weekend?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go, I am impressed you dealt with the panic attacks.
Weekend was good, I slept in 2 days in a row thank goodness, I seem to only be able to fall asleep when absolutely exhausted, usually at around 3 a.m . lately. I work in the morning but not on the weekends.
We saw "Black Mass" with Johnny Depp. It was really good!
Thanks for asking
As far as feeling spaced out... usually due to lack of sleep.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wasn't easy dealing with the panic attacks, I more or less just have to "wait" and thats horrible!

That's good that you were able to sleep!

Yeah I'm guessing thats due to my lack of sleep as well as it only hits at a certain time of day.

I started playing my xbox again, and it was fun! Starts to make me really antsy though if I play to long, not to mention I get super frustrated if I keep losing lol