View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
KeyofC

To catch up as I did in the other forums I follow:
Day 58 here! I had to message my soon to be sister in law and tell her I wouldn't be attending her bachelorette party. I told her I am an alcoholic and I am too early in my sobriety to be pushing my limits and attending such a "partying" event. On the invitation it says "lots of drinking games" and then goes on to say "bar hopping". No and no thank you. My sobriety means way too much to me to put myself in such a compromising position. She told me she understood and had noticed I wasn't drinking. I don't know if that's good or bad that she "noticed", Lol. I did tell her that we were coming to the wedding and reception and that all in itself would be another whole issue that even a month out I am a bit concerned with.. -.- Anyway I know I won't drink, I just hate the feeling of "temptation". I don't want to learn to "deal with it", I want it to just go away. Lol
Now I have been invited to attend or sign up with some of my high school girlfriends to party and have bunco nights so we can stay in touch. I am pondering this as well. I am so tempted to reply and say I can't commit to everything, but would like to attend some events. I also would like to explain that I am a recovering alcoholic. I know people invite me sometimes because of my reputation of being wild and free and drinking partying girl. I read that somebody had came to realize they were being invited to certain things because people actually liked them and wanted to spend time around them and it had nothing to do with the drinking. I am hopeful that maybe my childhood friends feel the same.
Anyway long post, I apologize!
For those struggling you are not alone and reach out to someone here..we are here to help you try to get up! Don't give up on yourself. You are important and people want the you that you are meant to be! Give yourself a chance!
((Hug)) to everyone! Happy hump day!