View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Thanks, Vet. Speaking of... I just weeded through all my medical receipts for the past year, tossing the superfluous stuff to make room in my files. It's kind of hard to believe. Starting in August of 2014 we're talking a brain MRI (some kind of seizure/hallucination/maybe silent migraine), three skin lesion biopsy/removals, lots of chiropractic and massage, a colonoscopy, another MRI on my back, xrays of back and carotids and heart, back surgery, urology visits, catheters for five months, physical therapy, prostate surgery...I must be forgetting something...and a ****-ton of drugs. What a ride. I have been feeling so grateful since the bleeding stopped and I got off drugs. I feel younger and aside from expected aches and pains, damn good! All this while negotiating sobriety and trying to establish my mindfulness practice - not to mention trying to keep - and keep from walking off - my job. No wonder I decided I'm a (Shambhala) WARRIOR!!! And still, many have had it far worse. Good to be alive.