View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Movie about Chogyam Trungpa on netflix: Home | Crazy Wisdom I actually knew some of the folks in the movie credits back in the 80's. Of course, back then I was more interested in trippin' balls than meditating or getting drunk. The film clarified a few garbled memories for me.

I don't know what kind of tips you're looking for, Vet, but I can tell you the main thing I learned at my Level 1 Shambhala training was that I had been trying too hard. They take a gentle approach. A middle way between attempting to concentrate on the breathe and letting the mind wander so you can observe your thought patterns, obsessions, delusions, etc... I had it in my head that meditation is best when the language stops, but that's really not the point (though it is fascinating).

Sounds like you guys do some hard work around the house. I'm working up to it and trying not to hurt myself. Plums are ripe and did pick a bunch off my dying trees, then ate just enough to make my morning constitutional both cacophonous and cathartic. Freakin' love that...