View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Being in control is important to me. I made a promise to myself that THIS YEAR I would be in control. I put "in control" all around me to serve as a reminder.

When I was drinking full time, I had a TON of problems that I let build around me. I didn't resolve a single issue for probably 3 years or so. Nothing. I simply would drink, then I would forget.

Eventually, there wasn't enough alcohol in the world that would hold back the issues that were bothering me the most. A was overwhelmed every minute of every day. Completely out of control.

I'm finding now that I still lose control once in a while. I become overwhelmed with the issues I'm still dealing as I rebuild. Most pressing is a consistent source of income. I am in sales now after losing my precious job.

I've been overwhelmed for a couple days now. I finally figured out its largely due to the fact that I'm not taking time for emotional/spiritual/mental health.

If I want to be emotionally healthy, I need to work on that more often than I am. After all, if I want to be healthy physically, that means I need to eat well and take my vitamins every day. I can't expect good results eating fast food and junk food 5 days of the week.