Thread: Dating...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Here is my downfall... Im willing to take people at their word-- so this latest dude, was all recovery talk, works with one of my best friends husbands and according to him, has been single by choice for some time to try and figure out who he was etc...

So I was sort of smitten... someone who gets the whole recovery mindset and all was attractive, seemed to be involved as a parent, etc...

But when I saw more to him, I realized that he sort of was a magician in that he was good at presenting one view of himself and acted not so much in the ways he sold himself...

So, I guess Im just skeptical of my "radar" and ability to flesh out decency....

And again, I haven't been actively looking at all and am quite happy to pull the plug on dysfunction which at least is a step in the right direction! I value myself enough to actually sort of enjoy seeing that something isnt right and am totally ok ending it without a whole lot of second thought...

My best friend on the other hand is in the quagmire of making excuses for bad behavior constantly by her live in bf and it makes my head spin to listen to her rationalizing why she stays... But I have to have empathy since I wasn't that far off from that not too many years ago with xNAH...

Yay for you Florence on being with a great guy and a bigger yay on being happy with yourself!