View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by weeble1980 View Post
Hi everyone thanks for your concern. I'm not doing too bad. I'm on day two now. Day one I felt like I was going to throw up constantly and really really edgy - every little noise made me jump. Stomach going round and round, big bad headache, you know the sort of thing. I slept ok last night and it was great to sleep all the way through and not wake up with a hangover. Cuddling my daughter and reading to her completely sober felt so much better and I even got a bit tearful. I'm focussing on these things to motivate me. Today was hard - a warn sunny day with a football game on TV - a great excuse to have a few beers. Instead I worked on the garden. Still feeling really nauseous and shaky with periods of intense anxiety. And really thirsty all the time, but maybe that's the hot weather! It's really hard but not impossible. I just hope it won't be like this forever. A few days ago I was scared about this process, but now I'm finding I can cope with it I've started to worry about how I keep this up once the withdrawal has passed. I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get to it
Hey Weeble
Great job on day two. Everything you're experiencing sounds really normal. And the thirst is completely common....you're just hydrating all those thirsty cells. I found that carbonated waters, no sodium ones, were great. I'd drink a 12 pack of em in a day.

I wouldn't 'worry' about how to continue abstinence but I would ponder a plan. Day 5 is the notorious 'I feel great, just one' day. At least for me. One day at a time, one right thing at time.