View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
mcfearless

Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
Your story sounds remarkably similar, I tried to start a thread in the newcomers section but it wouldn't let me for some reason the page just goes white.

Anyway I'm 5 weeks sober and have settled pretty well into sober life, I just got back from a restaurant after watching my mates get pissed, make idiots of themselves and then drink drive home. I really didn't feel like I was missing out on much at all!

I wouldn't have believed I would be in this position a few months ago but it really wasn't as scary or as bigger deal as I built it up to be. The best piece of advice I can give is to give up when you truly decide that you've had enough, that's what I did and I found it so much easier when I 100% believed I was not going to drink, it was hard but I just got on with it because I didn't have a choice my decision was final.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Once you are separated from the alcohol, you do start to see clearly. It's just getting over those first psychological hurdles and showing yourself that you can cope without it. Then after a while it's really not a big deal. It's to stay sober that's the trick.

Previous time it was hard because I had a nagging doubt in my mind that I didn't 100% want to give up. Since I just committed 100% it really has been easy for me. When you convince yourself it's for the best you just get on it. Shrug.