View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kboys

Thank you Firesprite and Lexie!

"So, you're in "crisis" at this point, a couple months into relapse from a partner who was never really IN recovery to begin with... and it's progressed to you moving out of the family home along with your small kids..... and then in the middle of all of this BS, you run right into his ex-affair unexpectedly"

Pretty much... It's been really heartbreaking for me... but I know that I HAVE to stick with it this time. It's not going to get better any time soon. And my boys are getting older, and becoming more and more aware of our dysfunction ... I absolutely do not want this for them... so I keep telling myself that.

Seeing her also made me wonder whether or not he has / will try to go back to her now. I try to tell myself it doesn't matter... She can have his messes... and I try to believe that it really doesn't matter, but I am not to that point yet. The thought of it still hurts really bad.
And yeah, having everything still so unsettled with us and our living situation.... it really sucks.

Lexie, I am one of the few other people on the planet who has not seen Game of Thrones!
I am, as I type, practicing my dignified nod