View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I'm still very concerned about him, Why? Has he shown concern for you?
I know the girl he is living with takes him to bars and drinks in front of him. He is an adult
And he still has not talked to his parents He is an adult
He's keeping this new life a secret and running away from everyone else who cares for him. As is his right because, he is an adult and he can do whatever he wants.
It doesn't sound to me like he's on the right track. It sounds to me like you have very limited information about what track he is on.
I know it's really not my business anymore, Correct. Its not your business.

Look, the guy is a schmuck. People change their minds about how they feel or about what they want to do - at the very least he could have told you. He chose not to. While I would agree with you that his choice to alienate people and move so quickly is not indicative of level thinking - it could be he has chosen to distance himself from enablers. Maybe he just wanted a fresh start. I don't know.

You seem more concerned about him than you are about what he has done to you. By all accounts it should be you who is out and about having no contact with him rather than the other way around. Glad to hear you are going to see a counselor. I am sorry this has been painful for you but I feel you have dodged a bullet, and are much better off without him and his problems.