Old 08-27-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

thanks for sharing. These posts are wake up calls for some, including me.

I'm on Day 50 (about) and while I haven't picked up and really haven't been very tempted, my mind wanders to moderation, especially when I see people sipping on wine, or when a friend posts an exotic drink recipe. I get so jealous that I'm not an occasional drinker or a person who gets too tipsy once a month or so or on a special occasion.

I tried moderation and failed. I tried it a few times, but picked back up to the point of no return. Like you, I ended up in ER, but unlike you, my case was so severe, they had me in ICU. I had acidosis, so there was nothing compelling that made me go in terms of pain. I did have severe ataxia, severe dehydration, among other things. I have no idea if it would have cleared on its own. I'll never know, I guess, but i was forced to the hospital for a wakeup call. Now I'm scared to drink.

So this all happened to you when you were casually having one or two glasses/ That's scary. And I thought that in most cases, people died from pancreatitis. Sadly, i know two who've died in the last year. I'm glad you did not. I think I was on my way there because i was having almost constant dull right side pain under the rib cage. Did you have pain in advance?