Old 06-11-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lulu70
We all need each other.

Smile

Hello all. I refuse to get into an argument about what AA is and what it is not, because AA is many different things to many different people. What I can and WILL do is share my own personal experience with Choirgirl because, after all, this is her thread.

I can completely relate to your frustrations, CG, but it sounds like you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. I tried out a LOT of meetings before I found one that really suited me. What I finally found was a women's group. I never thought I would get so much out of sitting and talking with a big group of women, but it has been amazing. So amazing that I now call that my home group.
I really like the 'just for today' approach, that has helped me a lot, as I always put a hell of a lot of pressure on myself to 'succeed' at things, and have goals and deadlines always.....but I realise that there is no timetable for recovery and I have to take it each day at a time.
You hit the nail right on the head with that one. It will happen. Try to focus on how you are feeling and the fact that you know AA is the right place for you. There are going to be people you don't like or can't relate to. I feel the same way. I just have to let them go and look for the people I CAN relate to. They are out there too. If you are anything like me, and I expect you are, the people you can relate to are just not quite so loud about their recovery!

Hope you are doing well today. Send me a PM if you wish. Or post again here. We'd love to hear how you are doing!!!

Hugs--