Thread: Lucky 13?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
InTheEnd

Lucky 13?

And this is when I've given in before. Reach approx 2 weeks sober, then I start to believe it's not the alcohol....I start to believe why bother, nothing has really changed, just sober now and still have no life....start to believe that I have no real future to look forward to, so why not drink anyway.

But NO! I woke up this morning feeling good and determined, which made me feel wonderful and optimistic!

I have to admit, I really had no problem with withdrawal (besides the inability to sleep well the first few days), but these last few days, after a week and 1/2 sober and feeling pretty good, I didn't feel that great these last 2 days.....Headache, foggy, and extremely tired. Like a delayed withdrawal? Is that even possible?

Anyway, feeling good today....have a good, busy, sober weekend planned and I will make it over my dreaded 2 week "curse". I will give sobriety a chance this time. I've seen my life while drinking wine every night for many years now so I already know that song and dance from start to finish. I'm ready to give the real me a chance to see what a sober future holds.

Have a great weekend ya'll and thanks so much for being here!