Notices

Lucky 13?

Old 08-22-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lucky 13?

And this is when I've given in before. Reach approx 2 weeks sober, then I start to believe it's not the alcohol....I start to believe why bother, nothing has really changed, just sober now and still have no life....start to believe that I have no real future to look forward to, so why not drink anyway.

But NO! I woke up this morning feeling good and determined, which made me feel wonderful and optimistic!

I have to admit, I really had no problem with withdrawal (besides the inability to sleep well the first few days), but these last few days, after a week and 1/2 sober and feeling pretty good, I didn't feel that great these last 2 days.....Headache, foggy, and extremely tired. Like a delayed withdrawal? Is that even possible?

Anyway, feeling good today....have a good, busy, sober weekend planned and I will make it over my dreaded 2 week "curse". I will give sobriety a chance this time. I've seen my life while drinking wine every night for many years now so I already know that song and dance from start to finish. I'm ready to give the real me a chance to see what a sober future holds.

Have a great weekend ya'll and thanks so much for being here!
Old 08-22-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

InTheEnd Congrats on day 13 Yea !! You said it in your post - Things have changed right > Quote :I will give sobriety a chance this time. I've seen my life while drinking wine every night for many years now so I already know that song and dance from start to finish.
You got this find a Sober song & dance - life will get even better
Old 08-22-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

to parody a stupid-a$$ commercial:

+ feeling good = LOW priority
+ doing the WORK to get and stay FREE = HIGH priority

+ doing the WORK when feeling 'not-so-good' = PRICELESS

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 08-22-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes NWE! I need to find my "sober song and dance"! Actually will keep that in my mind. I owe it to myself and absolutely know it's time to retire my "drinking dance shoes"! It obviously never got me to the big show!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 13 Intheend

D
Old 08-23-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 13 days...another milestone and it will get easier and you feel better, it's TOTALLY worth it.... THANK YOU for bring me back to that time in my journey, such inspiration...All the Best.