View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Hi AF,

Just some musings I've had this morning myself, independently of your post and before I saw it. I've done things like that, too. I even had my genome sequenced and analyzed a large portion of the data myself with a special emphasis on genotypes that have been associated with addictions and other psychiatric illnesses in the research literature. So I know a lot of that *** about myself. Not that I wish I would not.

On digging into the past and tracing the origin of my motivations, desires, insecurities, problems, whatever... tons of these over the years as well and especially in the past ~1 year. It's interesting, and often it gets also frustrating and maddening. Why? I think because simply coming up with even the most brilliant intellectual insights does not help or advance it much. I think that we can understand the entire universe (within ourselves and externally) back and forth and everywhere in between... I think that the main cause of turmoil, getting stuck, and many psychological issues that get in the way of our moving on and advancement is that the emotional components have not been properly dealt with. Or in the case of identifying these kinds of biological heritage things, when the potential (or already manifested) consequences are not treated properly, either in preventive ways or in curative ways. So going back to our main topic here: getting all the necessary tools and help in our recovery, since that's what we can influence, biology is given to a large extent especially in adults.

Generate that progressive and supportive environment -- that's the true weapon we can carry and aim constructively to disarm the genes