Thread: Today
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kamm

5 years is a long time. Do you remember it with mostly happy moments? Or are they hazy? Why not at least take a few months off from drinking and see how you feel compared to now? Are you more present in each moment? Are you less worried about your health, where your money goes?

For me quitting drinking is scary. How will I socalize at parties? How will my family/friends/doctor think of me when I say I don't drink anymore?
Continuing to drink is way more scary. I am slowly poisoning myself. Is that stomach pain liver failure? I just bought booze yesterday, I wonder if anyone will notice if i go back to the store today... There are so many more things that can snowball if we continue to use. There are so many opportunities for us to improve ourselves and our situations if we stop. You can do this if you want to! Save yourself the trouble that will come if you continue drinking! I am 28 and first started to recognize that I had a problem about 4 years ago (about 6 years into my drinking career )... I wish I had stopped then.