Thread: More pills
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm a rebel. I just stopped taking them. I didn't even wean myself, because I didn't know any better.

I also stopped complaining to my Medical Doctor. It is her job to prescribe medical assistance. Any little complaint I have gets met with a pill. Half the stuff I felt worse taking and quit them soon after starting. I bet if I told a surgeon, they'd have an operation for it. Chiro has an adjustment for it. . .

I guess some stuff is necessary. Maybe. I don't know. I'm on an anti-pill kick for the last five years. It's working so far.
I'm with you 100%. When I quit taking all these pills I was prescribed years ago, I did it the same way you did. I just quit. Sure, he asked me all kinds of questions, tried switching some of them to a different brand etc...I finally asked him if he had an additional 5-10 minutes to listen to what I was experiencing and ultimately told him it was a quality of life issue for me. The cholesterol med was killing me. I told him if I die, I die. But I CANNOT continue living my life with the muscle and joint pain I was experiencing. For anyone who wants to contact me regarding the seriousness of my issues, just PM me. At its worst, I was losing control of my muscles systemically, and therefore almost choked to death one night. Had to call 911 as I thought it was Jeff's last day on earth. Seriously.