Thread: More pills
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
thomas11

Strat said: just to further the conversation a bit, is it inappropriate or nosey to want to know what a certain medication is comprised of before taking it? i.e. where it is derived from in the natural world, wether the process is an organic or synthetic one for e.g. Because that to me sounds more like responsibility and assertiveness than necessarily lacking in trust, you know?

I don't think its inappropriate or nosey one bit. Its OUR body after all. I research all of the medications that I have been given. My BP medication is actually made from the venom of pit vipers (lisiniprol--sp?), my anti depressant is Paxil, its a selective serotonin uptake inhibitor. It has been a game changer for me, for the better. The other ones I'm currently taking are very popular and prescribed millions of times over (oxycodone and valium). These two are temporary and will no longer be taken after about another 30 days. This anti inflammatory (which is the new one I was just prescribed) I've done some research on, but honestly have never heard of it before. Its pretty strong and needs to be taken with food. The medication that messed me up bad was a cholesterol medication. You know how they advertise about severe joint or muscle pain that can be serious and permanent? That was me. Anyway, not sure I answered your question, but I think learning what you can about what you are putting in your body is just being responsible.