Thread: More pills
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Its an anti depressant but I take for anti anxiety. I don't believe I suffer from depression, but this medication keeps my mind on an even keel. Basically, I have a bad temper, and this medicine keeps it in check.
I don't wish to make light but when my kid was going through the terrible two's I used to tickle him into submission when he was behaving that way. Failing that? I used to lift him upside down by one leg just to give him a new perspective! That works…

What about a glass of warm milk and a cookie!? Joke aside, I'm just reading about it here, did you ever try that? Or everyone says that you can talk to someone about these things, i dunno.

It's not my business of course if you dont want to discuss it. I've been pretty angry and upset about things that happened in my life that I can't seem to recover from, I think most people would be. I go through every emotion under the sun before arriving at anger, it is not a default reaction for me. I need to drink firstly, for one thing.

I had a bad experience with mental health medication once. It completely changed my outlook, whereas I had been pleading for something/anything for many years previous.

I was trying to find a way to keep my life intact, you know. I had a lot of parenting responsibilities, a girlfriend, many friends, a roof over my head and so on. Real bad clinical depression which I lost a job I had been in for years over, insomnia, and every last symptom of a complex stress disorder also which was obviously a huge problem for me daily.

Just to further the conversation a bit, is it inappropriate or nosey to want to know what a certain medication is comprised of before taking it? i.e. where it is derived from in the natural world, wether the process is an organic or synthetic one for e.g. Because that to me sounds more like responsibility and assertiveness than necessarily lacking in trust, you know?