Thread: More pills
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Bingo. I have done the same. That is why I went from six down to two. But now the pill count is growing and I just am not comfortable with it. My plan is to taper from pain meds, put the Valium in the closet, stop taking the bowel movement pills and take this new medication until my inflammation goes away.
The prescription narcotic pain meds cause constipation. There are teas you can drink that get things moving - but just quitting the pain meds will solve that one.

Valium is nastiness in a pill.

I took benzos (and anti-anxiety meds) for a while. I had been sober for many many years, and that benzo (it is my belief) helped trigger me to start drinking again. It reminded me of that quiet mind that alcohol gives. It took me five years to get off the alcohol and the anti-anxiety meds.

Never again will I take anything for anxiety or depression. I have the tools within me to handle life. Nature or (lack of) nurture have given me a bit of a high-strung nature, but I make it worse by adding drugs. I am perfectly capable of handling life unmedicated. I am capable of calming my own mind without external substances.

I think you will figure it out.