Thread: More pills
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thomas11

More pills

I just need to post to get some thoughts out that are brewing in my head. Years ago I had a Dr. who was at the end of his career and in my opinion, had been conditioned to believe that a pill was the answer to everything. I believed him as he was the Dr. At one point, I was taking 6-7 different pills daily. It took me about 3 years to realize that they were ruining (and controlling) my life. I was taking pills for allergies, high BP, high cholesterol, anxiety, sleep, stomach/digestive system and inflammation. I started doing some research and educated myself on these medications. I realized this was destroying my quality of life. I reduced my medications down to two, which were necessary. With my recent events, I have been given all kinds of pills to treat various things, in addition to the two medications I take daily. I saw my surgeon this last week and he prescribed me yet another pill. For some reason I have developed severe inflammation in my joints. So this one is for inflammation, I haven't taken any. I do not want to go back to taking all these pills. I have a general distrust of the pharmaceutical industry. Anyway, just wanted to share.