View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Thanks Marcus! I wish I could stop obsessing, that is one of my biggest challenges. My mind just goes round and round and round and I cannot stop it. That's one of the reasons I got addicted, being high could shut off the noise for awhile. I still haven't found any solid ways to deal with it, I obsess, shut down, eventually am sometimes able to do something about the situation. Then if things work out I can stop obsessing and if they don't I still obsess.

I think I just don't have any faith that things will work out, my life experiences and my parents both taught me to "catastrophize" and that's what I do. I don't know if I'll ever be able to change this but I wish I could. I also don't have faith in myself and I think that is what really destroys me. I can't see that "strength" that you mention, all I see and feel are weakness.

How did you learn to stop doing this, Marcus? Or do you still struggle with it? I bet a lot of us addicts have this problem, the monkey mind that won't stop torturing us.