View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
laur24

Originally Posted by breath View Post
It's the only disease that is sel-dignosed and self-treated.
Have you read "THe Doctor's Opinion" in the Big Book? It sure helped me!

The firt step in treatment is admission and acceptance, then we can move forward, only then; don't be stuck on the fence!
I have read The Doctor's Opinion but it's been a year since I've cracked the Big Book open! I'm sitting with it open right now and I have so many passages highlighted and underlined. The part that I identified with was "After they have succumbed... they pass through he well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again." For me I never emerge with he resolution not to drink again, but not to drink again to escape my problems.. but a couple months pass and something happens and yet again, even though I said I wouldn't do it, even though I said the next day you'll regret it.. I end up doing it anyway because it's the only thing I know that works.

I definitely have a problem with drinking. So maybe I'm not an alcoholic. But I have a problem. And I think somewhere along the lines I lost sight of that in program and I stopped seeing where I do identify.