View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

I must admit...

I must admit, I was greatly assisted in my recovery, when someone passed me a set of 10 'bootleg' CD's of a recording of one of 'Charlie & Joe's: Big Book Study Meetings', now commercially available. Which together with the BB, played , along with taking the actions, a large part in my recovery.

Notwithstanding that what I write in my posts comes from both the heart and my own experience, still now ongoing in my recovery...it's often only by reflecting, having gained some clarity of thought, that a greater knowledge and understanding of alcoholism and the steps, taken to bring about it's respite, by way of total abstinence from alcohol.

Recognising and accepting I will always have alcoholism, that in sharing my experience, strength and hope I both help others, so afflicted, whilst at the same time , helping myself...

As Clancy's sponsor once told him,'If your problem is alcoholism, your problem isn't alcohol.'

Once the logic of that statement, as a person, is recognised and accepted, it provides the opportunity for further steps, in recovery to be taken, before you've ever been introduced to the 12 Step program of recovery.

I hope this makes as much sense to others as it did me...