View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tlaurose

Thank you all for your support and advice. I am aware of Alanon - my husband grew up with an alcoholic mom so I married a Dry Alcoholic. Took us years to work through his issues and therapy but now I understand why he chooses to not have a relationship with his mom. I just never thought I would be living through it with someone in my family. Very sad all the way around. I have decided to let it go and keep my distance for now. If she feels inclined to reach out to me then I will address it at that time. Honestly I am just over everything being about her!! My mom is finally understanding that she has been an enabler by feeling bad for her and justifying poor behavior. She is now holding my sister accountable for her actions and calling her out. Time will tell, or time will heal, or maybe time will create more distance and more resentment...but for now the ball is in her court to reach out to me. It would just be nice if for once in her life she gave a Sh** about me, and my family. Thank you again....so nice to have a place to come rant. My husband gets it but it gets old hearing about it all the time.