View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ElleDee
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
ElleDee, I would also ask what you do besides work, sleep and AA. I am a firm believer in balance in recovery and in life. Do you enjoy reading, movies, sports, walking, and volunteer work is a sure winner? Try adding some new things to your life. It might also be an idea to talk to dr if you think you might be depressed. There are medications that can help.
For the most part I've been parking my butt in front of the tv or sitting on Facebook. I just don't feel like my "perky" old self. I've been sober for a little over 6 months. It was like a honeymoon phase I went through in the beginning. I felt all on top of the world and healthy and happy and wow, look at the sunset and oh listen to the birds. Now it's more like screw the sunset and I wish the darn birds would shut up. LOL! This morning my daughter told me I sounded "sour" on the phone. That's a good word for it. I don't want to be like this. Each day I pray that I can "shine my light" and be a blessing to everyone I encounter. I don't know.

I really appreciate everyone's helpful responses. I do see a psychologist and I have an appointment soon. I'm going to talk to her about depression. I also see my GP next month and maybe she has some advice. She knows my history, I've been honest with her about my drinking.

Thanks again everyone, I'm grateful for you all.