View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
RustyBanjo

Hi to everyone and the new people just joining. I just joined a couple days ago. I'm on day three, and managed to make it through the weekend despite temptation.

My daughter had her 6th bday party and that was easier than I thought since no one else was drinking hard. I also spent a lot of time with my kiddos in the pool instead of out of the pool with a drink in my hand. A much better use of my time.

One thing I noticed while not drinking is how little others drink compared to me. I found myself noticing others having one beer, or one glass of wine, and at the end of the party there were a few half bottles of wine left and two six packs -- one with 5 left and one with 4 left(!!).

I found myself thinking "well, this is different, if I were drinking today, most of those would be gone by now and any remaining would be taken care of tonight." It was such a reinforcing moment of how different I drink than everyone else at the party. I also felt embarassed by my prior drinking habits -- at least this bday party Dad was present and engaged!!