View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Originally Posted by DitzyDandelion View Post
I think for the moment it is just a grieving process for time wasted and people lost. I really am starting over with almost nothing. Still got a lot of regrets to let go of and a lot to forgive myself for.
I think (it's just my opinion) at some point you have to make a conscious effort to just move on. It is about forgiving (yourself most importantly), but we can't forget. You shed the old you (it's like a death/we do cry for the old you)) and the new you is like an empty canvas waiting for you to add your brush strokes. Find yourself some positive affirmations to say to yourself in the mirror every morning. It starts with loving yourself. Every time I start to think negatively (it happens a lot to me too) I have to tell myself NO. This is not happening to me again and it is not acceptable for me to keep beating myself up! I am worthy of happiness. I am worthy of love. I am worthy of a life without harshness and yelling and blaming and drinking caused a lot of this. We get used to the bad and when it's good it doesn't feel right. Well, feeling bad all the time isn't right either. Tell yourself it's ok. You are worth "good". Just my opinion. Maybe this helps. It does get easier.