Thread: I can do today
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Retread1959

I can do today

We have friends coming over this afternoon. On a Saturday, early afternoon is usually when I start drinking. Ok, sometimes late morning. I'm always watching the clock, waiting for noon.

Our friends are coming at 1:00, so it's prime time for me to be starting my drinking day. Luckily, we met these friends during one of my sober stretches and so they know I am an alcoholic. It will not be a shock to them that I am not going to join them in the drink today.

My plan for the day is to keep my resolve firm, to have plenty of lemonade at the ready so that I always have something to put in my own glass, and to stay busy being hostess and not guest, if you know what I mean. Clearing plates, taking care of everyone-- that keeps me busy and I won't be thinking so much about settling in for a drink. In fact, entertaining is generally one of the times I'd drink the least, so I don't think this is going to be too bad.

I will stay close to SR though, have my phone with app at the ready if I need you guys. Fully intend to come back here with a sober report when all is over. Thanks for keeping me accountable.