View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Delfin

Angry, teary, annoyed, but not drinking!

I've just closed up on day 18 and I can say the last few days have been a doozy. I accidentally went off my Sertraline (for SAD and to control anxiety) about 10 days ago because of a prescription mistake and I've been feeling the discontinuation symptoms on top of the usual emotional stuff after quitting drinking. I didn't really have any alcohol withdrawals. Maybe because I drank 2 or 3 times a week and never hard liquor. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

Anyhow, I've been on a roller coaster of emotions, overjoyed one moment, teary the next. But mostly, I'm pretty punchy. Since my normal is a rather dulled mellow thanks to my meds and alcohol, all of this emotion is quite new. The fact is that I haven't been without an emotional crutch of some sort in over 10 years. I didn't even know what my full range of emotions were. But I'm finding out now! :-D

In spite of all the crazy stuff going on inside, I'm feeling very optimistic. I've had very few cravings, and when I did have them, I knew how to handle them. As it happens, food and water keep cravings away. And I've found some delicious non-alcoholic drinks to replace the beer and wine.

Don't worry, cautious folks, I'm staying vigilant in case the AV is waiting around a corner trying to catch me unawares. I've read enough here to know that things can happen when you least expect them, especially during the first few weeks.

Thanks for sharing your experiences-good and bad-on this site, everyone. It's helped pave my path to recovery.

Delfin