View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Pjburr2000

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Day 17 for me. I too am an ex-smoker of 8 years now. I know I have a compulsive behavior so I think I replaced smoking with drinking. Now I got to stop drinking and NOT replace this with another bad habit.
I have a habit of not letting myself feel things too. Since I was young my life has been dysfunctional so I learned well how to guard myself to not let unwanted things in.
Btw, at what point do we make amends? How do we know when the time is right? I am not ok with a lot of people in my life right now. A lot of the people I have in my life are active drinkers and I believe not all our problems were 100% my fault. Probably showing how early I am in my recovery by saying that but I can't help that I feel this way. Help.
Take your time on the amends, in AA some sponsors want you to take your time, others want to rush you to step eight. Remember you can't make amends to everyone. If it's something that could get you or them into trouble you'll just have to give that one to God. Good job on day 17.