Old 08-06-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. My ex was abusive during my pregnancy, and it sucks the joy out of what should be a wonderful, loving experience. Please take care of yourself during this important time, especially if your pregnancy is high risk. Rest, eat well and do what you can to avoid stress.
I was very isolated in my relationship, and reading your posts it sounds like you may be as well. My family was far away, and I was too scared to reach out (even online) and build a support network for myself, so I'm really glad you're here. Others have had good suggestions about calling the DV hotline. That can be a great resource for you. I also wonder if you have Alanon meetings available where you are.
http://al-anon.org/how-to-find-a-meeting
You may be able to find a daytime meeting while your husband is at work. If you call the local number, another member would probably also be able to provide you with transportation if that's an issue. Other forum members on here attend Celebrate Recovery, which is through local churches. If you go to church, that might also be another place to look for resources to help you. Finding real life support is especially important, and so is being gentle with yourself. I grew up in an alcoholic home and then brought a child into the world knowing his father (my ex) is an alcoholic, and I am still dealing with the fallout. But beating ourselves up doesn't help anything. We get enough of that junk from the alcoholic in our lives. Be kind to yourself and keep posting. We are here for you.