View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by peanut44 View Post
Honestly, it took about 3 weeks. And it was something different everyday. Rls, this weird thick saliva in my mouth (that only lasted 1 day), diarrhea every day and even my sweat was gross. The ativan helped immeasurably and so did the blood pressure meds. I also hear a lot about clonodine because it is helpful with anxiety, slows the metabolism so less tummy upsets, helps with sleep. Just be careful with it. If you can find a doc that will rx you methadone, do a long, long taper and i mean down to 1mg and then even skip days. That's the one thing i didn't do and i think that might have helped me. I'm currently 7 days off of subs and it's not that bad. A cake walk compared to methadone.
Good luck. Let me know what you end up doing!
Thanks for telling me how it was for you, does NOT sound pleasant, especially the diarrhea. Due to the anxiety, heat wave here and infection I've already lost ten pounds which I am okay with but another ten would be BAD! So I'd really, really like to avoid the diarrhea bit if I could. And the rls! I have Fibro and rls just loves to hitch a ride on it.

I really appreciate the advice on tapering, too. I'm still crossing fingers to find a provider who will rx but all of this has made me wonder when will I go off? If I can find a provider, how long should I stay on? I am just really afraid that if I go off I'll be even more messed up than I am now and that I'll go back to using, find heroin for the first time. But I just don't know. I'd like to work with someone who could help more sort those questions out. But S-L-O-W taper, if possible, I will definitely remember that!

That is terrific that you're doing well going off the suboxone! I think you have a thread about that. I've been too wound up in my own chaos to read much but I'll go check it to see how that's going. I really hope it continues to be a successful and easy road!