Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I am not divorced. My mother is my alcoholic qualifier. However, I wanted to give you some hope. My husband is a banker. We were the poster children for what the recession did to the world. He was laid off in 2009 with no banking jobs to be found, given the minimal severance available, and we were severely underwater in a house with a huge mortgage and had thousands of dollars in credit card debt. We depleted our retirement savings. We have four kids and I hadn't worked in 15 years as I was the homemaker raising them. We were told my several people that our only choice was to go bankrupt. We chose not to do that (however, I do think it is a good and viable choice for some people). We lived every day in faith and very protective of the love of our family. I wanted to see the end solution, to know how everything would work out, but I couldn't. I just had to do my best one day at a time. I won't go into details, but serendipitous things happened, creditors worked with us, slowly but surely everything just resolved. Six years later, we are in a new city that we love, my husband has a job that gives us a much better work/life balance, we own our home here, we are debt free and have retirement savings again. Our children are doing great. Our problems didn't resolve themselves over night, but during that situation I learned to rely on God's direction, just worried about the things THAT particular day that I could control, be grateful for everything that we did have, and kept reminding myself that the CLOUDS ALWAYS PASS. And they do. One time I had a friend tell me that financial problems are the best problems to have because they are always resolvable. I wanted to slap her, but it is true. Keep the faith!!