View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
WhoDey

How are you doing Driver? I thought a lot about you this weekend.

Yesterday my wife and I participated in a 8+ mile float down the Ohio River. It's called Paddlefest and they close the river to motor boats and barges for the morning. Paddlers have the river to themselves and we had a blast.

We did the float with another couple. I spoke of the guy a while back. He had decided to give up alcohol earlier in the year. I had heard that he was thinking of going back to drinking and, sure enough, he had. He thought his 3 months of sobriety had allowed him to reset his drinking and that with attention, he would be able to moderate. We've all been there. I hope he's successful, but I have my doubts.

Talking to him about his moderation, he commented on how much work it was. Friends, there was a time when talking with someone trying to moderate would have put that temptation in my own head. This time, there was no such temptation. I'm so happy with being sober. Floating down the river in the clean morning air, I was so thankful for not having alcohol in my life. Besides just not drinking, so many areas of my life have improved. Exercise, diet, relationships ... you name it. Why would I ever want to reintroduce alcohol into my life?

I'm thankful for all of you. I couldn't have done it without the support all of you have provided over the last couple of years.

Have a great day, Tobers.