View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
whiteturtle

Hi everyone in August 2015. I, too, am joining. I see some familiar names from July. I had 25 days of sobriety in July, my first attempt at sobriety ever. I slipped up, though, and ended up drinking for a couple weeks. Last night I hit what I think must be my rock bottom...I tried to drive home drunk (ashamed and disgusted with myself), got my car stuck off a dead end, hurt my foot horrifically (awful bruising, pain is horrible, can't walk on it at all), lost my purse (which was incredibly luckily turned into the police station this morning), and had to call my boyfriend who got me, then biked to my car, unstuck it, drove it back, and fixed it today. I feel so, so, so horrible for all of it. I am amazed I didn't get in trouble with the law, and that no one besides myself got hurt. I am feeling borderline suicidal with the shame and regret and self-hate.

My boyfriend is amazing; he said he isn't angry, but just relieved I am okay. He has been so kind to me, and I don't feel I deserve it at all. I feel so awful.

After last night, I just CAN'T drink anymore. This has to be my last Day 1.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and embarking on this journey. I know it will be hard, but I will take that unquestioningly over a repeat of last night.