Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VexedEnuff

Acceptance

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and say HI. I haven't posted in awhile, but I still come here everyday to read posts. This website has really connected with me and I love it! I have been attending a outpatient treatment program at my local VA. I am doing well and attending 3 groups a week. I have really gone with an open mind and I am starting to see subtle changes. My relationship with my wife and kids has been so much better. I have been learning quite a bit with this CBT stuff. The acronym stands for cognitive behavioral therapy. As Yoda told Luke in the Empire Strikes Back, "You must unlearn what you have learned". I can never drink again.. It feels kind of liberating to accept the problem and to deal with it. In my past experiences with failure, I was to focused on why I had the problem, instead I accept that I am an alcoholic and I can never drink again. No more denial... Anyway, thanks for being here for me. Oh, I am currently at 26 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes... I got this cool sober clock app for my phone.