View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CodeJob

Once in awhile, when I run, I feel connected to everything and I feel like I could run for ever.

At some point in SPIN, I feel how powerful my body really is and how my breathing and my legs are pumping with the blasting music. I suppose it is not Emersonian Transcendence, but it works for me.

Once in awhile, when I meditate, I feel my mind untether and float in the flotsam of the universe.

Most nights now, I can just let go of all the craziness of the day and fall asleep peacefully. I used to waste a lot of energy worrying about what ifs and coming up with multiple contingency plans.

At work, I am much more forgiving of things going wrong. I am much more patient with myself. I limit my attempts at perfection. Sometimes when a B+ effort will suffice, I accept that and put away theType A spit and polish.

I look at people. Most of them are on their phones or distracted. They don't see me looking at them. If I catch their gaze I try to smile. If they don't have headphones or ear pieces in I try to give them a compliment. I pray for strangers I see or read about. I pray for the people who drop off SR still in anger and denial. When I get my Egg White Delight, I usually pay for the person behind me. All of these small actions keep me not so focused on myself.

When I walk, I am always watching the light, the clouds, & the birds. I enjoy people's flowers and flowering bushes. My favorite season is fireflies. I like to walk with my son and often he opens up and starts talking. But sometimes I count my paces with important words like a ********** prayer.

As for eating, I'm working with a dietician on Intuitive Eating. I clearly eat when distracted and getting in touch with why is definitely revealing edges of issues that I need to push the book open and let the light shine down.

Good luck Firesprite! You are on a good path.