View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JensDestiny

Unhappy Moving out - scared

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted but I have been doing well in regards to sobriety. *Almost 14 months.

I am about to get my own apartment with my daughter; which means moving away from the guy who has more or less saved my life. I honestly don't know that I could have gotten sober without him. He quite right insisted on it and/or we were going to break up and I was going to be out of his house. *This was June, 2014. Needless to say, I quit drinking and things have gotten better in some ways, worse in others over time.

The main reason for moving is that my daughter is absolutely miserable living here and has all but refused to come home for the past couple of months. *She has been staying at my sisters house because she says that he and I argue too much and she gets bored.

I am just absolutely scared out of my mind about moving and getting my own place. It is mind boggling how scared I am to start drinking again. It is an almost crippling fear of becoming the person that I never wanted to be all over again.

He never really drank so it was always really difficult for him to understand what/why I was going through any issues with alcohol to begin with... let alone struggling to quit. But, I still feel that if he hadn't threatened to kick me out, I might not have ever quit and who knows where I would be now?!

Can I continue to do this alone?