Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mersault22

New here. Brother revealed addiction tonight

sorry I already posted this elsewhere but I think this is the proper place. Forgive the double posting.

hi there.

Tonight my brother revealed that he has a heroin addiction that has been going on for the better part of a year. He has struggled with alcohol, steroids, and Xanax in the past, but this is definitely a very large step downwards. The really disturbing thing, beyond the obvious, is that our mother died of a heroin overdose in 1996.

His bouts with alcohol, etc. took a lot out of me, and I can't dive back in to this. Especially because this time around I have a 3 year old,a wife, and my own business to run. He told me and his fiancée that he needs help. We begged him to go to a detox tonight. He swears he will go tomorrow. Of course i don't believe him.

I'm not sure what I am looking for, but I know that I will need support to get through this. I also know that there is a good chance he will die from this. I have buried my mother, my grandfather, and my grandmother. I never knew my father. He is the only one left and I don't know that I can handle it.

Thanks for listening