View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning all!
Glad to hear I'm not a bad person for eating ice cream twice in one day! Yeah ruby - the frozen yogurt "help yourself" stores must be making a killing. I never spend less than 4-5 dollars, and I don't really load on the toppings.

In order to counteract my debauchery yesterday I'm going to go for a long hike this morning, before it gets too hot. Supposed to hit 87 again here today. Ugh.

Loneliness was a big problem for me when I first stopped drinking. Or at least I thought I was lonely. I was used to going out to the bars and chatting people up for hours. I would talk to anyone. When I stopped doing that, I sat and moped for a while. But I began to realize the people I chatted up weren't really friends - just other drinkers looking for some human interaction. I don't have a lot of real friends. I don't have a partner. But I'm learning to be ok with that, and be patient in the building of new relationships. Better ones. It's been a challenge at times - I didn't like myself at all so being forced to spend time alone was torture. But as sober time time goes by, and I'm not doing the stupid stuff that caused me to not like myself, It's getting better. I just call it solitude and I like it. I get lots of good thinking done. Some of it not fun. But I work through it.