View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
walkingtheline

How can I be at peace and not fill lonely, how can I be satisfied with what I have and not always want more.
HUGE questions.

You're right, no one else should be "needed" for your happiness, others should enhance it.

I think maybe I need to say to myself everyday how lucky I am to have my home, appreciate central air on days like today. Maybe I need to stop taking for granted what I have and start appreciating things more.
Have you considered a gratitude journal? It's amazing the "good" we have in our life that we don't always realize...kind of a can't-see-the-forest-for-the-trees thing.

I often get the feeling when I read your posts that you're dancing around what could be the real issue. Many of your post revolve around your marriage and the family interaction. Perhaps you could ask yourself Is this the life I want? Then continue, If it is, why am I so discontent? If it's not, how can I change it to better suit my needs?

The marvelous thing we've all come to realize is we have the power to change our own lives! If you're like me, you get bogged down on how to use it.

I have found making a list helpful. There's something satifying about seeing things written down and, once a solution is found, it's very satisfying to cross them off the list!

One more q. Is it possible you're lonely for ADULT interaction? Is it possible that you just want more adult conversation? Interacting with the children is wonderful...but sometimes we just want to be an adult!