View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Cleanfromsubs thank you for your post! I just went down on my sub this month. So I'm finely at the point where I'm ready to get off too. I've been on since my recovery...February 2013. So it's time. Ha! But I have to credit sub for helping me with my recovery. I'm not sure I could have gotten as much clean time without it? So for me it really did give me back my life....my family and everything I had from before my addiction. But I understand what you mean about how the suboxone robs you of certain aspects of life. I do not sleep all day. I'm a mother with two young kids...so I don't have that option. But I do feel it might be keeping me isolated somewhat? I'm not sure how much is the sub and how much is just not having the money to go out and do things? Since after I got clean I was able to buy a house. But since it's been awfully tight financially. It's true that I don't feel as ambitious as I used to be to get out and apply for jobs? So that could be a side effect of the sub? I want to get off the sub now to see the difference? To experience life completely clean. In the meantime I was able to quit smoking too. ...been nicotine free since 6 months just about. So getting off the sub will be my last and final step to complete freedom from substances. Yay!

Congrats to you and thank you for sharing your story with us!