View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Here is a benign example from my life. I once desperately wanted to sell our expensive home. We had to move for my husband's job, and we still were stuck with our house, which had gone down tremendously in value due to the housing crash. At one time, this house had been my dream house, we renovated it extensively with the idea that it would be where our children and grandchildren would come back to visit, etc. Anyway, this house that I once adored and personalized with my heart and soul, became a complete noose around my neck. I prayed constantly to find a buyer. I finally went into a spiritual store to find an idea on how to get rid of this house. The clerk told me "You haven't let go of this house." I said, "Oh yes I have, I absolutely can't stand it. I once loved it, but now I wake up every day praying it will be out of my life." She said, "Your stomach is flinching when you are talking about it and you are talking about it a lot. You should pray for a way to let it go. Put it out of your mind." I thought about it a lot and she was right. Even though my emotions had turned from love to hate, the emotions were still running strong. Even other people were still attached to us living there. Old friends would send emails saying they could still picture our kids running in the yard. I finally threw up my hands and said, "God, I trust your plan. Please help me lose my attachment to this house and any outcomes that I am attached to regarding it." Any time a house thought/complaint/worry came into my head, I visualized giving it to God and I moved my thoughts to something more pleasant. I few weeks later, it sold and the transaction went quickly and smoothly. We bought a house this spring that I absolutely love and I feel the most "at home" than I have ever felt.