View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Duffster

Oh Trach I don't know where Shoes is but I miss her and am very very worried about her.

(((Gilmer))) You are such an inspiration for how you are handling everything. Lean on us if you start experiencing any of the other stages of grief.

Sass, you make retirement sound lovely. I'm glad you're busy, you sound very happy.

Toots, how is your dad?? A fall like that is no joke poor man.

Things are fine here - I've been on a diet the past 3 weeks and I've become pretty obsessed with it, which I know is not so great. I started seeing a trainer 2/week and I've cut my calories way back. I've lost 6 lbs but have yet to see the results where I really want to and need to - in my belly. The "baby" will be 5 years old next month - I really can't use that as an excuse anymore!

My dad turned 80 a few weeks ago and my mom 79. They are independent and busy and right now healthy. However, we are going away to New England for my nephew's wedding in 2 weeks and I have extreme anxiety about it all. My parents have gotten so high maintenance and my dad has gotten grumpy and difficult. We're staying with them in a lovely inn on a lake that we all love but there are stairs which are hard for him and it's far from the actual wedding so I'll be driving back and forth and - ugh! I need to calm down. There's also going to be dysfunctional dynamics between family members, including my mom and her sister. And let's not forget all the alcohol issues in my family -- if ever those come out it's during a wedding! Ok, deep breaths...

And therein lies a lot of my issues -- projecting about events that haven't even happened yet. I'm a mess - lol.

How's your hand, Marcher? Any affects from the medication??

Budd, any updates on your truck? Hope you're staying cool down there - it's been brutal lately.

I know I missed some but hear little feet coming down the stairs which means it's time to start the day!

xoxo