View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ElleDee
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Got called out last night by my sponsor

I went to my Monday night meeting where I always see my sponsor. At the end of the meeting after we finished the prayer and we're all hugging, etc. she proceeds to call me out in front of everyone about that I did not say HI to someone when they said "Hello, my name is... " I was so embarrassed. I apologized to the person I omitted to say HI to. I didn't even realize I didn't say it... plus I said it to everyone else. Didn't she notice that? I must have been pre-occupied for a second. It wasn't intentional on my part. She called me later... didn't exactly apologize... she seemed to feel justified in her actions but didn't want me to be angry. Personally, if that was of concern to her, she should have mentioned it privately (in my opinion).

I don't know. I know I'm a very sensitive person. I told her that I knew she didn't mean anything bad and I was okay but I'm not sure I'm okay yet.

She called me out a couple of weeks ago about not having been at a Saturday meeting... "I see you're not going anymore." I have no idea how she knew that except that we may have talked or texted during the usual time I would be at the meeting.

I really like her and she's helped me so I want to get over this. She's the only sponsor I've had so I'm not exactly sure what to expect from one. She seems to be very popular in our group and has sponsored lots of people so it's probably me.

Thanks everyone for listening.