View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
BuddinK

DD, that is truly sad about your working partners son, I;m sure you'll do great with the damage control and if the partner talks to you, you will know the right things to say.

Buddtruck has been back in the shop since last Wednesday, one of the things that comes along with living ona small island kind of remote from the big cities, is , parts aren't always available, and ypou are at the mercy of the distributors when it happens. Hopefully I'll get it back tomporrow. In the mean time I'm getting lots of exercise and sun, as well as not using any gas!

As you all know, I volunteer for Special Olympics during their bowling training for the State Championships. This year I will be giving up my only days off for August and September.

I'm happy to be able to do this for them, but I do have one complaint that has been occuring with a few of the parents on some of the special needs persons.

I have some of the parents that bowl in my center, while they tell me all the time that they dont want special treatment for their children, they sure complain if I dont insist of giving them special treatment.

One in particular just pissed me off tonight. Recently we have switched to charging an hourly rate instead of a per game rate. I always let his son bowl on an open lane while he is here, which, according to the military guidelines, I shouldn't do, as the son bowls by himself without an authorized facilty user with him.

When I informed him tonight that he now must pay by the hour instead of per game the father got testy with me, reminding me that his son is "special" and I should give him a price break.

Now, the son, while having some special needs, is very high functioning, he holds a decent job, owns a truck, mustang convertible, jet ski, and has his own trailer. He's better off financially than I am!!!!

The actual difference in price works out to be less than $2.00 for the amount of time his son bowled.

I guess my argument is that if you don't want special treatment, don't complain when you don't get it. ( even thouh I am giving in more than I have to)

Oh well, if thats all I have to complain about, I guess I'm doing well!