View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Today is 90 days for me!!

Never thought I'd make it this far. Honestly....when I posted day 1 on 4/20, I had no real intention of abstaining this long.

The longer I'm sober, the more I see that alcohol does not have a place in my life.

I am very grateful for SR. Thank you all. I never would have made it if it weren't for this forum. I am especially thankful to be part of an awesome group in April 2015. I lucked out on that front. THANKS TO ALL MY ROOMMATES IN APRIL FOR THE CONTINUOS SUPPORT!!!

And thanks to those who popped into April regularly early on to help us along...Dee, and Soberwolf especially. Thank you.

To those who are considering dropping the bottle.....you can do it too! Feel free to PM me.

90 days ago I was an all day drunk. Starting with vodka in my morning coffee, continuing with a bottle of vodka in my car and mixing drinks as I tried door to door sales, and finishing with more drinks when I got home.

If I can, you can.

I am so thankful I'm no longer sick and tired. I am more thankful I am no longer in danger of killing people, getting arrested, doing irreversible damage to my body. I am thankful I am no longer lying to everyone around me. I am no longer hiding bottles.

If I can, you can.