View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hello, friends!

Welcome, BringingBackB! It’s great to see you here, biminiblue! This is a caring place & I’m glad you’re all here today and any day!

Congratulations to Everyone for every day!! Many thanks to all for being here and inspiring me to keep at it, one day after the next! :

Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from 7:30 a.m. July 18 to now, July 19, New York local:

1newcreation
airwick
altoids
Alynn
Angie247
BarbieKen
biminiblue
BringingBackB
BuddinK
CaseyW
CeeFarro
ChickChick
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
Copper442
courage2
DaneK
Dee74
erfra7
FaithfulAndFree
Findingtheway
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Gilmer
goose333
Grateful11
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
immri
Jeni26
Joanne B
jsm273
Justincredible
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
Marcher13
Mark1014
martina12
Meshelly
NoGoingBack
Peacehappyness
Purpleknight
Ringthedoorbell
sagittarius714
site1Q84
SnoozyQ
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
Tang
tgirl
tootsl1
Trees39
venuscat
yukonm
zeppodog

grtgrandpa – thoughts for you every day

It’s a little early for peaches – my Michigan source has no U-Pick peaches until August 1 although the crop’s looking good. But they’re ripe somewhere because I had a store-bought peach yesterday that was outstanding!

I remember when I was 9 and all the big kids were excited by the release of the Allman Brothers “Eat A Peach.” I didn’t know until today that the title came from something Duane Allman (who’d just died in a motorcycle accident) had said: "You can't help the revolution, because there's just evolution ... Every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace."

In the spirit of abundance, here’s another peachy musical reference by the classic disco due Peaches & Herb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0rnElZXa0

I’ll see you here tomorrow, I hope!

--I'll be posting the Monday-to-Sunday list later today -- check back!