View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm coming up to 90 days sober (87!!) and am beginning to get used to my sobriety and gaining some tentative confidence. I have learned a lot from all of those around me on SR. I think sobriety teaches different people different lessons at different times and I've become interested in what this road can teach us.

In this thread I'd like to invite each of you to simply write how long you've been sober and what the most important thing(s) that you've learned so far is/are.

Hope you'll be interested and n taking part
Thanks for the thread amp!
403 days / 1.10 years or 13.22 months - but who's counting

Daily I am pulled more and more away from myself. My thoughts and prayers have become more about others and their needs - what I may be able to do to help someone else. Release (ing) from the bondage of self.

This truly is remarkable coming from a highly self-centered alcoholic like me. Really it's miraculous, discovering true empathy and love. This is solely by grace alone. Don't know why, but there it is.........

I was told after we hit 90 days it's no longer considered relapse but a choice! Happy for your upcoming three months - that too is truly a miracle!!!

Great thread, thanks.